Thursday 5 February 2009

Working From Home...

click on photo for larger view
Whilst the entire country seems to be taking the day off to have snowball fights or just stay in bed and watch TV the humble home worker plods on immune to the effects of the weather. I listen to the local radio and am told that nearly every school and university/college in Bristol and Bath has been closed. I hear people who are old enough to know better phone in and tell the radio presenter how much fun they are having on their day off in the snow. Am I jealous?

Yes.

I can't think of a single excuse for not delivering a job on time as I 'work from home' anyway. Still, I shall try and get out at lunch-time and throw a large snowball at any passing child that comes withing range. Humbug.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just now came upon your blog by way of The Time Being's... I hope you had a chance to throw a snowball or two before spring sprung. And how is the weather in Bath this time of year?

Steve Cox said...

Yes, snowballs were thrown...the snow hung around for over a week on the high ground. Weather in Bath has been pretty good lately...Spring is definitely springing.

"Spring has sprung
The grass has riz
I wonder where da boidies is

The boids is on the wing!
Don't be absoid!
Da wings is on the boid!"

Spike Milligan